cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Bixby continues to activate constantly even though I have disabled single button/voice wake up

Bixby is continuously activating and interrupting anything I am doing on my 10s. I have disabled the single button touch as well as the voice wake up, and all the other features. However, it continuously keeps activating even if If the phone is placed on a table an there is no noise around or if I am listening to audio on headphones. 

This is excruciatingly frustrating and makes me regret ever getting a new phone. Any help would be appreciated before I throw this phone at a brick wall and finally cave and get an iPhone. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bixby continues to activate constantly even though I have disabled single button/voice wake up

Have you tried signing out of your Samsung account, wiping the cache partition and then signing back in?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Bixby continues to activate constantly even though I have disabled single button/voice wake up

Yes, I have. The issue still persists. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is the software up to date? Have you tried a factory reset?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, the software is up to date and I have tried a factory reset. The isuue remains the same. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@userotrRYErcaN 

It's not that I dislike the app I just prefer using the free memory for something else. The same for the Google device assistant app.

I cleared the cache and data for all Bixby related apps and services. I also used system settings, special access and selected each category on the list and if Bixby was listed I turned off it's access. I rarely single press the Bixby switch but it I do I just close it. It's holding about 20 mb of memory on average and sending a few kb of data each month.

In order to disable the single press to call Bixby we have to set it up and then turn off as much as possible. The problem is that now it's awake and running all the services in the background. Holding around 200 mb of memory and sending usage data out to third parties and other things I don't need. That's all part of the mandatory agreement these days. I prefer to leave it alone and I never have any issues with it. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey @CLF  , 

I've done all that stuff. Even if I just leave it on the table it continously pops up. Could it be that I just get the unlucky draw and my phone itself is just defective? 

I't s really getting to annoy me. I can't even type a 1 sentence text without it popping up multiple times. At this point I'm using it as a glorified paper weight. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@userotrRYErcaN

I'm sure you're deleted any routines using location that were set up in the past and the same for voice commands. You mentioned that you've already done a factory data reset. Have you tried uninstalling all the most recent updates including voice wake up using show system apps. I really don't think it's the phone itself because you would probably see other strange things happening unless the Bixby button is sticking or getting pushed in by the case. I can't imagine how annoying that would be. 

Stay Safe, 

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey @CLF  ,

I have done everything you have suggested and the issue is still on going. I should also mention that this began as soon as I got the phone. On day 1 it began to do this. I deceided to live with it for a bit while I figured out how to fix it. It has now been three weeks and nothing seems to be working. 

I didn't put a case on the phone for a few days and this issue was still on going. So, I doubt it would be the case. I'm scared to try to manually mess around with the actual button to see if it is stuck as I would have no clue as in how to unstick it. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hello,

Please see the link below, hopefully this helps.

https://thedroidguy.com/disable-bixby-on-samsung-galaxy-s10-1100221