cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxJdVfBEi3M
Constellation

Bixby routine not triggered by bluetooth connection unless...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I like Bixby routines. Unfortunately, I cannot create a routine for "When Driving" because it is supposed to be triggered when I conect to my car via Bluetooth and it does not work...unless I use it for "Audio" too.

That means that it can only be triggered if I agree that all my phone's audio will go to my car's speakers, which means I always have to set the audio source in my car to Bluetooth.

But this does not make any sense. I want to listen to XM/FM radio and still being able to use Waze for navigation, for example, or have Bixby read my notifications out loud. But if I MUST turn on Bluetooth setting "Use for Audio", then I can only hear Bixby if I switch to Bluetooth source in my car's audio and cannot listen to radio. This is ridiculous. I want only calls to go through car's speakers (which is what I have now) and have all other audio to go through phone's speakers.

But Bixby routine fails to be triggered unless I turn on "Use for Audio" also. This is definitely a bug. "Connected to Bluetooth" device should not be dependent on what will go to Bluetooth channel.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userxJdVfBEi3M
Constellation

Re: Bixby routine not triggered by bluetooth connection unless...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally fixed by Samsung in August 2019 update (either firmware of Bixby Service, not sure because both updated the same day).

1 REPLY 1
userxJdVfBEi3M
Constellation

Re: Bixby routine not triggered by bluetooth connection unless...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally fixed by Samsung in August 2019 update (either firmware of Bixby Service, not sure because both updated the same day).