JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 03-29-2019 02:41 PM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
touch0420
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I hope all see this it's not bixby!!! It's GOOGLE VOICE that stops bixby voice wake up turn google voice off!!!

0 Likes
userQ0HyTvtEFc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi. I hope you are well. 

Since the time I have bought my Samsung Galaxy s9, I couldn't use Bixby Voice. I have this app in my application's list, but it's not even opening. Is there any chance to use the application, could you please help me to get solution on this?

Best Regards!!!

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out and being a part of the community. I can understand wanting to make use of the Bixby feature, check out this link for some great information on Bixby and how to set up and use it. 

Let me know if this helped!

0 Likes
userQ0HyTvtEFc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate that. But it didn't help me, I found the issue myself. I tried to open Bixby Voice from my settings, but it showed me that the application is not available in my country (((

0 Likes
userjWuxGbjO79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried using the Bixby button since I haven't used it much and noticed that it wouldn't launch. it opens up to the point in the screenshot I attached. but after that it never gets any further and eventually closes itself out.

I have already tried restarting my phone and it still happens.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried clearing the cache on all the Bixby apps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userjWuxGbjO79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I dont have any Bixby apps since I havent used it at all from the time I got the phone.

it worked when I first got the phone but I havent used it at all since then.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you go to settings>apps>click the three dots in the top right corner and show system apps. Are you able to see the Bixby apps to clear the cache on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userjWuxGbjO79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

yes I can see them, do you just want me to clear the cache from all of them?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, you need to clear the cache on each of them.

0 Likes