cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Black circle on screen

Purchased S10 September 2019, it has a black semi circle on the side of the screen which never goes away. My husband got  the exact same phone at the same time and his is fine. How can I get this fixed as it is super annoying.  The screen hasnt been damaged or anything.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Black circle on screen

I got the S20 plus, and I get a black ring at the bottom of my photos, ive tried for many hours to get them to trade in my phone for a new one and they refuse to take it back, and there's no Samsung repair stores near where I live, I guess I'm just stuck with a 1300 dollar broken phone.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

These are two different issues though the troubleshooting is similar. Have you both tried checking for available updates? Have you tried wiping the cache partition? Have you tried a factory reset of the device?

Highlighted
Asteroid

There are no available updates and I just wiped the cache partition which did nothing. If I factory reset is there any way to back up the device beforehand? I dont want to lose everything on the phone to try something that's probably not even going to work.

Highlighted
Constellation

Dead spot!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

The black circle means you have a pixels that dont receive electricity. It is due to phisical damage to the screen. Considering the type a phone you have it less likely that its does not have a crack on glass itself. Because this glass dont bend enough to reach the screen without staying intact itself. Look closely.

Highlighted
Asteroid

There is no cracks in the screen, I can assure you that. The screen looks perfect.  The phone is only 7 months old and this spot has been there for a long time already, I thought it was supposed to be there as it's a perfect semi-circle and it's right where the edge bar was so I thought it was part of that. It was only when I checked my husbands phone I saw he does not have the same thing (same phone). This is my first samsung phone, wish I stuck with iPhone now!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @userbOaA3bXpZ3 ,

At this point youve done some basic troubleshooting. I suggest having your device inspected by a technician to confirm whether its a hardware or software issue. Im going to provide a linke that gives you the option of mailing your device in or taking your device in to the nearest certified repair facility. 

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if your question was resolved. If not please follow up for more assistance.