JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black dot, forward facing camera permanently on screen after Jan 26, '21 software update

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 5:25 AM)
userUsMonBfH8j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

When I first got my phone, I was able to turn off the black circle in the upper right hand corner of my phone that was the forward facing camera. It is large and annoying and takes up room. After the software update this morning, the instructions for removing it are no longer effective. Does anyone have a way to remove this and hide it? Will this be fixed in a patch or a new update? I see that the s20 people are having the same problem front update in December of 2020

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
lizard81288
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

My research (tech sites), says it's just been removed because nobody uses the feature. It has almost no chance making it back either, which is poopy. It's very distracting when watching videos or playing a game, and I see a black dot, because now all I'm going to do is look at it.

View solution in context

6 Replies
userTLDPrQsTHH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

I'm having the same issue. So stupid!! I've been searching for over an hour to get rid of it. No luck!

DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S10

Samsung is continually "taking stuff away" that we customers want... it makes you wonder who's giving these guys advice!

Anyway, here are two ideas/tips to try to make the camera hole on the S10 more bearable (and s20's as well).

#1)  If you use Dark Mode which I do, you almost never see the camera cut out hole... I have one or two apps that for some reason don't have dark mode, so in that case the hole is there (dead center at top on S20+)... nbd for me though.

#2) There's an app in Google Play Store called Hidey Hole for Galaxy S10 Series  (Or S20 Wallpaper for s20 series)

That gives a bunch of wallpapers that creatively hide the hole... Not the perfect solution, but maybe better than what you have now.

Hopefully Samsung brings back the "hide hole" feature that they took away.

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

Solution
lizard81288
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

My research (tech sites), says it's just been removed because nobody uses the feature. It has almost no chance making it back either, which is poopy. It's very distracting when watching videos or playing a game, and I see a black dot, because now all I'm going to do is look at it.

View solution in context

userC7I6rI0wIz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I too find the black dot annoying. This was a classic case of something not being broken but Samsung deciding to fix it anyway by removing the toggle switch. Oh

well, time to switch to Apple.

uservdjJVR6SZD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I would to tell you that your research(tech sites) have no glue. 

Suggest you get an upgrade and get feature back.

0 Likes
Blueskiz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
So far I can not find how to undo it but if you get a wallpaper that's dark at the top it blends in