cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermKn03273J7
Astronaut

Blinking dot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know wht or why a blinking dot appeared over my battery percentage symbol? I have s10 plus. It started the blinking dot over it and never goes away not even when i pull tool bar down ... anyone else s10 do this yet?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blinking dot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea I was having a problem like that once on my Note 10 it's the proximity sensor, it wouldn't go away after a call so I held the power button and restarted my phone. I haven't had it happen again

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is the proximity sensor and completely normal. 

usermKn03273J7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Completely normal? It hasn't ever done it the entire time i have owned phone for 5 months lol. It just recently started

usermKn03273J7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope youre right but its weird tht it just started recently...

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermKn03273J7 hey there! The blinking dot is indeed the proximity sensor and perfectly normal as @LongHiker said. It should only be visible when you're on a call and you remove the phone from your ear. If you're on speakerphone the dot shouldn't be visible. 

usermKn03273J7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so this is not normal then. Bc it does it constantly. Im not on the phone now. Its laying on bed and still does it. It never stops

usermKn03273J7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea definitely not ok. I tested the speakerphone theory and its still blinking on speaker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea I was having a problem like that once on my Note 10 it's the proximity sensor, it wouldn't go away after a call so I held the power button and restarted my phone. I haven't had it happen again

View solution in original post

usermKn03273J7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nickmandude, tht actually worked.... thanks everyone for responses and assistance