cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Block Unknown Callers setting does not work

"Block Unknown Callers" setting does not work, please fix it.  I receive 10s of robo calls EVERY day at all hours about extending car warranty and individually blocking each number doesn't help, they just use a different number. 

If you Google the issue, a lot of your customers have this problem and driving all of us crazy.  Please fix the problem - I've been a loyal Samsung customer for a decade, but this irritation is getting bad enough for me to consider moving to another phone so I don't have to deal with this nuisance. 

PS Registered with federal Do Not Call List, scammers don't seem to check that list first. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Block Unknown Callers setting does not work

Hey, 

@userr91umXwHvN

I know this isn't a solution or something you really want to hear but the truth is that it's not controlled by Samsung or Google. The carriers provide these services.

It's extremely annoying and I agree it would be great if we could block them at the carriers side.

I've read that some of the carriers are working on this primarily as means of protecting our elderly family members. We'll be able to set their phones up to allow only friends and family members and block everyone else at the carriers side. This would be great because some of them are more susceptible to the clever little lowlifes than others.

All the carriers provide different services for blocking calls and we can dial a code that returns the status of scam blocking and two that turn it on or off. It's better to go to their website and sign in to your account to see which options they provide for call blocking, message blocking etc.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Halo

Also maybe not the answer wanted - but - there are 3rd party options that will do this. I use the free version of TrueCaller and have it set to block any number not in my device phonebook.

Highlighted
Astronaut

please help stop block unknown caller setting
its driving me crazy
with at least 10 calls per day