cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Blue light filter only on when i open gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So for some reason my blue light filter turns on when I open my gallery and I even manually turned it off but it still turns on when I open gallery. Can anyone let me know what's the problem and how do I fix it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation

Re: I have this same problem. All pics look too warm because...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I figured it out, it was the google play books problem. You got to the play books, open a book, press Aa and it'll give you a button to night mode. On the bottom of the bubble there is a button that shows turn off night mode tint off or something like off, and should make the letters white, thus working. Than go to gallery and problem solve!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Blue light filter only on when i open gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like an issue with the software. I recommend doing a full back up and resetting the phone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have this same problem. All pics look too warm because...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same problem. All pics look too warm because gallery enables blue light filter then goes back to regular temp image once closed.

If support could answer questions with something other then "factory reset" as the sole solution to every problem that would be great.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I figured it out, it was the google play books problem. You got to the play books, open a book, press Aa and it'll give you a button to night mode. On the bottom of the bubble there is a button that shows turn off night mode tint off or something like off, and should make the letters white, thus working. Than go to gallery and problem solve!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The strange thing is that i didn't even have play books installed, but installed it from play store, followed directions to turn off night light and it fixed it.  

Thanks for the advice!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG.  That did work.  What the heck?  Nice weird glitch.  Thank you for figuring this out!!! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! This has been driving me nuts for over a month. It affected both Gallery and Google Photos. Turning off night mode in Play Books immediately fixed the problem. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are awesome. Such a strange bug that was driving me INSANE. I thought it had to do with some bad glitch from the transfer I did from my Pixel 2XL. I had the wellbeing app installed there, with 10pm - 6am parameters set, and thats exactly what the Play Books had set as the time. Anyways, thanks so much for SOMEHOW finding this!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, this really solve my problem 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What if you don't have google books even downloaded?

@userDNr1VwWLPK wrote: