Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Blue line at bottom of screen while gaming

It means its cooling down your phone

Highlighted
Astronaut

This is probably you receiving a notification. In settings you can go to edge lighting and turn it off if you so please

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

oh, you see it. it needs to go away! so obnoxious!!!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

it's NOT edge lighting. It's game booster telling you it's lowered your volume and is throttling your CPU to cool off your phone. Really DON'T need to interrupt my gaming with flashing lights to let me know every five seconds. And of course, it's yet another feature that Samsung won't let you turn off on the device you purchased.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

it's definitely game booster and it's definitely YET ANOTHER obnoxious feature that Samsung won't let you disable, just like that Norton "secure wifi" subscription advertisement they push to your phone if you won't pay for it. Yay. Really miss my iPhones.

Screenshot_20200203-212653_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung won't the freedom to disable it if you don't want it but I revoked it's permission to display on top of other apps so I'll report back if that works. I game many hours a day so this is really obnoxious. Hopefully this works. 😑

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Screenshot_20200203-213610_Pokmon Rumble Rush.jpg

GREAT. 😑 I've traded a blue flashing light for popups that block my screen. I hate Samsung with a passion.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

yeah, Samsung going back to my iPhone beside me and returning this, now every time I open a game, this popup is in my face. I don't feel like rooting so I'm just getting rid of this trash.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ok, I have an S8 and while I'm gaming, I randomly see tha...

Ok, I have an S8 and while I'm gaming, I randomly see that. So thanks for whomever figured that out.

Highlighted
Constellation

I can't say for certain but I think it's to let you know your phone is overheating.  After having this same thing happen while playing on my s9, I did some digging and some phones will even lower the brightness or slow down a game's fps when the blue light happens.  I started paying attention to how hot my phone was when it flashes across the bottom of the screen and it seems to make sense.