cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userf3cEpcV8e5
Asteroid

Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

I have a Galaxy S10+ that I bought a few weeks ago. After I bought it, I paired it to all of my bluetooth devices without any issue. Then, as of a few days ago, the phone wont stay connected to my car for more than 60 seconds without disconnecting and reconnecting on it's own. The only way I can keep the phone connected is if I go in and manually disable the phone bluetooth function, while leaving the media function active. I have other phones that have been connected for longer periods of time without any issue. Furthermore, I used to have the same exact issue with my old phone, Galaxy S7. Someone help me here, I've tried every suggestion so far with no luck.

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

Hey @userf3cEpcV8e5, I hope you are doing well.

Have you tried removing the device from your cars paired connections? Also, I'd try removing the car's Bluetooth from your phone too.

For informational purposes, can you please provide me with your current baseband version? This can be found in: Settings>About phone>Software information.

Have a great rest of your day.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userf3cEpcV8e5
Asteroid

Yes. I tried to remove the device from the car and remove the car from the device, as well as conducting a factory reset on the car. I also did the same thing with my previous device, again with no results. The current broadband version is G975USQU2ASF6.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey @userf3cEpcV8e5, thanks for providing me with that information.

Let's try a few things to narrow the issue down/eliminate certain possibilities.

First, let's try wiping the devices cache partition. To do this follow these instructions:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If that didn't resolve the issue, let's try another method. The second troubleshooting process will be rebooting your device into Safe Mode. Safe Mode boots your phone into an environment where third party apps will temporarily be disabled. This helps eliminate the possibility of an app that was downloaded being the cause of the issue. To boot into Safe Mode, follow these instructions:

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

To turn off safe mode:

1. Press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap Restart > Restart.
  3. The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.

I hope this helps. I'll be here for you.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userf3cEpcV8e5
Asteroid

While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Neither solution worked, still having th same issue. Also, how am I supposed to know which app is the one causing the issue, it's not like a big icon comes up and says "hey uninstall this app and it'll be fixed!" If all apps are working as they should, how should I determine which app is the issue?

did u try resetting network settings ?

Highlighted
userf3cEpcV8e5
Asteroid

@userRqea7924oh wrote:

did u try resetting network settings ?

Yup, tried with both devices and it didnt work.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey @userf3cEpcV8e5, happy Friday!

What kind of Bluetooth unit are you having this issue with? I see you said car. Can you provide your Make, Model, Year and if possible, Software version of your vehicles unit.

Have a good one!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

userf3cEpcV8e5
Asteroid

@Rydah wrote:

What kind of Bluetooth unit are you having this issue with? I see you said car. Can you provide your Make, Model, Year and if possible, Software version of your vehicles unit.

It is a 2015 Volkswagen GTI. Device Part #5G0035844, Hardware #014, Software #0645, Media Codec: N/A.

userf3cEpcV8e5
Asteroid

@Rydah any luck with a solution or am I out on my own for this? I'd love to get full bluetooth functionality out of my device again.