cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Superflash90
Astronaut

Bluetooth headphones and S10 ringing

Hey team, new transplant from Apple here with some challenges. Today it has to do with the ringtone and bluetooth. I can't seem to make my S10 stop ringing full sound when I am connected to my bluetooth headphones (which are set to music AND phone calls). Any idea if this can be changed? Typically my phone is on silent, but if I'm in the gym and away from my phone, I want to be able to hear when someone is calling, but shouldn't have to terrify the whole gym to do so.

Noticed this seems to be android only as my iPhone put all sound through my headphones for this exact reason and I miss that feature dearly.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bluetooth headphones and S10 ringing

Have you the tried Do Not Disturb mode?

Superflash90
Astronaut

I haven't tried it specifically however when I looked int...

I haven't tried it specifically however when I looked into it, it seemed that DND would turn off all notifications across the board. Unless i specify targeted exceptions. Which I would then have to go through my whole phone and make all contacts and apps an exception thus rendering DND a moot factor.

Red Giant

Put the ringtone volume low so that other gym mermbers won't hear it and keep your media volume high from which you can hear it in your BT with desired volume.

Superflash90
Astronaut

I'll have to give that a try and see if it troubleshoots...

I'll have to give that a try and see if it troubleshoots my challenge. Thanks! I'm just surprised that with all the customizability android has, I cant seem to find a way to keep the bluetooth ring tone volume up/temporarily stop my music playback when a call comes in (as my iPhone did) while at the same time having my phone speakers not activate.

userII41urxs5E
Astronaut

I just got off the Samsung phone support and the person told me this is a deliberate built-in feature of the phone and can't be disabled. He wasn't able to answer my question why I would want to have the phone ringing when I'm listening to my headphones or why Samsung decided that every other phone manufacturer was wrong about designing their phones so when a bluetooth device (car, speakers, headphones) is connected then the sound only is transmitted through the bluetooth device, not BOTH! I can't believe it's intentional with as many complaints as I've read. It has to be a glitch. And the S10+ is too expensive to have that kind of a glitch.

userII41urxs5E
Astronaut

And I forgot to add that this is not an Android issue, it's a Samsung issue. My previous phone was a Motorola and worked just the way it should.  I was in the gym this morning, Superflash90, with my phone 25 feet away while I was working out with my bluetooth earbuds when someone called me and all heads in the gym are swiveling to look at whose phone is going off.  All sound should only go to the bluetooth device. Samsung! Please fix quickly!!!!!