cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Bluetooth not connecting

Can no longer connect to paired devices and no one at Samsung seems to be able to answer why or how to fix it.  Worked fine until the most recent update on 1/14.  Tried to unpaired and still not connecting.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bluetooth not connecting

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes I tried that a few times

Highlighted
Constellation

This has become a problem for me as well.  I have an S10+, Android 10, kernel 4.14.117, vzw.  After rebooting the phone I cannot connect to BLE devices without clearing the data in the bluetooth settings app.

This problem happens for our customers with these phones as well.

Resetting the bluetooth data is not an acceptable solution, especially since the connection issue is only temporarily fixed.  The problem was introduced in a recent update that brought Andoid 10 and OneUI2. 

This thread looks like the same problem as well:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Direct-advertising-of-BLE-stops-working-on-S10-after-...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userMyXKzVydfs Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

Highlighted
Constellation

@SamsungQue  In safe mode the phone does not allow downloaded apps to run.  All of the BLE devices we can test require an additional app.

Highlighted
Constellation

@SamsungAdam @SamsungQue 

Any additional info on this?  The problem still exists and we're getting complaints from our customers.