cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userFuNooMWCr4
Asteroid

Bluetooth problems with S10

Hi all, Took delivery of my new s10 plus yesterday and so far so good. Tried to connect it via blue tooth to my car and it finds the car no problem, click on pair and it says "unable to pair, check setting to this device". Any idea what I'm missing?

62 REPLIES 62
userQrF5Mz3xQR
Asteroid

Re: Bluetooth problems

Similar problems here. My bluetooth will pair, but it won't stay connected unless the phone is awake. Once I set it down, it cuts out within 15 seconds until I turn on the phone again. It's becoming a serious issue now 

userK9iZEMbEIh
Constellation

Same here. Connects to my car (BMW) initially then disconnects when phone goes to sleep and won't reconnect without unpairing and then repairing each time.  Needs an update it seems??

userQrF5Mz3xQR
Asteroid

Hopefully that's all it needs. I had an update available last night but it didn't fix the issue at all. Starting to regret trading my note 9 for this...

user5q6B154Bte
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. Bluetooth will cut out when the screen goes off, and it's getting really annoying. Never had this problem before on any other phone. @SamsungAdam any suggestions?

useriMuE65sO5t
Constellation

Maybe a solution:

The One UI has a sleeping function for apps on battery.

Go to Battery (from device maintenance) > Press the 3 dots on top > Sleeping / Dormant Apps and remove any audio app you'll be using.

This worked for me.

user0ypjHrWGu5
Constellation

I read elsewhere that in addition to doing the above, make sure you clear your cache, within apps too if applicable. (i.e. Spotify has its own "Clear Cache" option within the app).  Doing this totally fixed the problem! Smiley Happy)

user3MX8yTBgSy
Constellation

I currently use the powerbeats 3 which are wireless and was having the same issue. A static noise would come up after a couple of minutes but anyway this is what I did and it worked for me.

Go to settings > search Optimize battery usage > Click on Apps not optimize and switch to All to see the rest of the Apps > remove bluetooth from that option.

Hopefully that works for some of ya

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What type of car are you having issues pairing with? Is the software on both devices up to date? Does your device pair with any other Bluetooth devices?

userpxda9Tie7q
Asteroid

I am having the same issue. My car is a MINI CooperS 5-Door, less than a year old, with all software up to date. I have also updated my Galaxy S10 last night so that is up to date too. The phone does not connect with other bluetooth devices. I have restarted the phone, and car, and all of the usual tricks to no avail.

Seems this is often a problem with launch phones judging by other posts in this forum...