JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blurry Videos when sending via messaging

(Topic created: 04-03-2020 11:58 AM)
usercUcVfVqtQL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Every time I try to text a video the quality is AWFUL. I didn't get one of the best phones on the market to have my videos be blurry when trying to send them on messenger. How do I fix this? Also can only send one video at a time. How can I send multiple CLEAR videos?

usernec7IoLoTi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I know this is old but changing the messenger app worked for me. I use the Verizon messenger app. I do have to go to the gallery and share from there and send high resolution.  For some reason sending directly from the messenger app high resolution sends it blurry.

So moral of the story use a different messenger app besides Samsungs ungodly horrible messaging app.

0 Likes
Davidbijan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Another option use what's app to send videos in HD

0 Likes
Samsung_tL3lGde
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How can I fix this problem?

0 Likes
Peabodyman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can install a different SMS app and see if it works better. Samsung messages is a bit whatever. I recommend Google messages or Textra.

user5qfWTp1BGh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Use Verizon messenger, no problem. Samsung is awful when it comes to size limitations. 

CombatVeteran6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Even though it's being sent MMS on different platforms and services. Multitude of galaxy devices I've sent videos on with the built in messaging app in found to be blurry on most. However, i have never had one blurry video using Googles messaging app at all. Even before I replied to this I rested to double check myself. Worth a try. Hope it works out for you. 

0 Likes
user2nUaHxgy8s
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Use the Google messages app. They send clear. But they're still blurry when you receive them from iPhone users. 

0 Likes
Ahnfire24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm also using Google messages (Galaxy S20), and when my wife (iphone 11 pro) sends me a video it looks like trash. When I send a video, it looks clear. When using Whatsapp, everything looks clear. Google?

Ahnfire24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm also using Google messages (Galaxy S20), and when my wife (iphone 11 pro) sends me a video it looks like trash. When I send a video, it looks clear. When using Whatsapp, everything looks clear. What's the deal google?

0 Likes
NotePowerUser
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm sure others have offered similar responses:  It has nothing to do with Samsung.  It's all based on Carriers (ATT, Sprint, etc.) limiting the size of file sent via MMS.  If you take the same amazing video on your Samsung, I would send it via WhatsApp since you don't have iMessage - which will most likely never make it to any Android device.  Since Apple uses their own servers, iMessages are sent using Apple servers and file sizes are not restricted.  It's the biggest reason many people can't switch to a better phone (i.e. Samsung S, Note) because all their friends complain about the green bubble.  

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news; but there's no way around this unless Apple unlocks its ecosystem.  

If you want, you can do some reaserch on RCS Messaging.  This is the "new" answer to Apples iMessage, but it's not encrypted like Apple iMessages or what'sapp, as its still using MMS, SMS.  

Biggest thorn in my side is that Android and Apple will ever play nice.  Therefore, I find there will never be a single encrypted platform that all mobile devices will use.  Closing thing right now is WhatsApp or even FaceBook Messenger (which unfortunately purchased WhatsApp).  If there was the "right" global option for messaging, I would recommend and app called Singal.  This fully encrypted messaging system is the safest one availabe..

0 Likes