JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blurry Videos when sending via messaging

(Topic created: 04-22-2020 11:21 AM)
usercUcVfVqtQL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Every time I try to text a video the quality is AWFUL. I didn't get one of the best phones on the market to have my videos be blurry when trying to send them on messenger. How do I fix this? Also can only send one video at a time. How can I send multiple CLEAR videos?

63 Replies
usernpakQ25FMA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found the fix.  I was using the default messenger.  I switched to the Verizon messenger app and now my videos are as clear as when I took them.

0 Likes
Samsung_gvuql3D
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem called my carrier they said it was samsung,samsung said it was Google even went to the ubreakifix and they cant figure it out reset my phone and still not working it's been almost a month and nothing is fixed

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Guys, as explained (correctly) by LongHiker, it's a limitation of the MMS technology. It's not the phone, not Google, not your carrier, but rather when a message is sent using the old MMS standard, your video is too large and is being converted to a much lower quality file to fit. It's not a problem for example when iPhones send videos to iPhones, because they don't send them as MMS, they use iMessage. Or if you and your recipient have an Advanced Messaging enabled phone (carrier option), then you can send much larger files. But when you run into one of the common scenarios like messaging iPhones, or other carriers, you're back on the old MMS system.

When and if everyone adopts Google universal messaging protocol called RCS, this problem should be resolved, in the meantime you have to look for workarounds. Personally I just send videos via Facebook Messenger, but there are many other good options.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

user2NkoaJBatL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Use WhatsApp, it's the best way to send videos and photos in high resolution

Redhotrussian1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I totally agree. I love WhatsApp but very few of my friends have it. Back to square one and it is infuriating!! It's 2020 and this seems like a 2005 issue.  Unbelievable!!!

useraqu6QFptmy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue. And so many more. My samsung phone disconnects from my bluetooth device randomly and I have to repair. Honestly, first and last Samsung in my life. I bought a note 10 for the pen. But litterally no applications work with it. This company really did not do any research with user experience. Just put a whole bunch of meaningless features to attract customers and didnt even test the phone. Onyan samsung. #bai #neveragain

userideVyT9FG3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is Samsung in a nutshell. Pack as many useless numbers and gimmicks into a phone and market it as the "best" phone out there.

But the numbers don't mean anything. The phone has to be optimized to work cohesively.

After one month with a Galaxy, I went back to iPhone. Apple gets it.

The 11Pro is amazing.

userOPUfe8T6Rl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do we know if we have a "Advanced Messaging enabled phone (carrier option)"? I know you said it is not the phone or anything, but when I had my previous S6 or 7 I think it was, I don't remember having this issue. 

users641zqKrnJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sending a video via facebook messenger does not solve the issue either, Im really angry that ive spent alot of money on my phone, for it to be useless when sending videoss and is really making me think twice about getting another samsung Phone. what is the point of spending so much on a phone, when you cant use it to its full potential. Utterly disappointing 

kiy1010
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was able to send clear videos via MMS on "off brand" phones but that I one thing that I can not seem to send or receive with the galaxy. I love the phone but I HATE the picture quality when sending. There has to be a way to resolve this, if Apple can do it so can Samsung