JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blurry Videos when sending via messaging

(Topic created: 07-31-2019 12:00 PM)
usercUcVfVqtQL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Every time I try to text a video the quality is AWFUL. I didn't get one of the best phones on the market to have my videos be blurry when trying to send them on messenger. How do I fix this? Also can only send one video at a time. How can I send multiple CLEAR videos?

63 Replies
user6QySxkji34
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Even when videos are shared among Android users, the quality is still horrible. Screen recording has the same issue. I've opted for sending videos via WhatsApp or FB Messenger, but c'mon, Samsung! Fix this issue! I had been an iPhone user for years and I switched to Android until early this year because I fell in love with the Galaxy Note 10 Plus. I love everything about the phone except this very issue with the video sharing. It's unacceptable we can't share clear, good quality videos from such an expensive phone! 

0 Likes
JHawthorne89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank your carrier for not supporting Google Jibe, and RCS Messaging -- I've been screaming at T-Mobile all week about it, and they keep telling me I could upgrade to an iPhone for free as a "special deal" to get me iMessage back. Problem is, I don't wanna do that, I want to keep what I have....and have it, you know, work like it was intended to, how I was informed it would work. Scream @ your carrier.

stwdscrwdntat2d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I work for T-Mobile and there isn't anything we can do. I've had the same problem since I got my s20 Ultra. After resetting the device, changing out the sim and getting an exchange, Im having the same issue. I tried sending different video sizes. Nothing works. 

My husband has the same phone and his works fine. He can send MMS and they come out clear. 

Link sharing did work. Go to the video you want to send > tap share > tap link sharing and it'll send the video. I dont like this option so I use FB messenger. 

Samsung_gvuql3D
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Okay I dont believe that it's the carrier because until about a month ago I was able to send video's on my s10 and my husband has the s8 and he can send video's with no problem

Jessica_R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have this issue too. I called verizon tried multiple things and no luck. They called Samsung and they told us I need to take it in to see if it is a hardware or software issue because they said it should not be doing that.

jpwhre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I switched from sprint to Verizon.   The note 9 and s10 both sent/recieved video as original quality.   Verizon compresses to horrible quality.  How do I change it on Verizon to send as original? 

Leeson
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Iphone users don't have this issue because they have Imessages, which is why google is working on the rcs messaging, and it might also be available on Samsung messaging.

userESDYjLacqk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok so I've been having this issue with my Note 10+. And I've been reading everyone saying its not the phone its MMS. Like I read on here, it NEVER did it on my note 9, so why now on a newer better phone. 

I found the reason, and truthfully I'm a bit disappointed. On my note 9 I used Message plus. The Verizon messaging app, when I got this note 10+ I decided to give samsung messaging a chance.  After testing my theory, samsung messenger dumbs down your videos automatically, no matter who or what you send them two. Verizon message plus does not. It will even ask you before sending if you would like to send in high resolution. 

So no...its not a MMS issue, it's the messaging app itself. Unfortunately because of this I have stopped using Samsung messages and now using Verizons message plus. I now have no issues with horrible quality videos being sent

userXpvcaoZ1Qy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

THANK YOU!!

userkx3eAuZ0Is
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am just going to get an iphone, this annoyed me I have had already 2 samsung devices this happend with both I am just done.... by android