JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blurry Videos when sending via messaging

(Topic created: 07-28-2019 03:17 PM)
usercUcVfVqtQL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Every time I try to text a video the quality is AWFUL. I didn't get one of the best phones on the market to have my videos be blurry when trying to send them on messenger. How do I fix this? Also can only send one video at a time. How can I send multiple CLEAR videos?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
63 Replies
JBoever
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Your wrong...totally wrong. It's frustrating when garbage responses like this one defend a problem that is entirely owned by Samsung & Google. Not just Google and for sure not the carriers. 

For those of you still reading, ignore the responses like this one and debunk Fake News! Download any other texting app but I recommend google or textra to debunk and prove to yourself that Samsung is garbage and my note 10 plus is garbage.

Now that you have them downloaded simple send a video to someone in the same room as you using the built in samsung messages app. Now change your default messaging app to the one you downloaded and simple repeat the process sending the exact same video to that person. THE QUALITY WILL BE BETTER ON THE OTHER APP (IT'LL STILL SUCK BUT NOT AS MUCH). 

For the record, it doesn't matter if your friend in the room is using ANY android phone including another note 10 plus or an iPhone. Its gonna be a different quality video. 

If it was the carriers it would be the same quality in this test. Fake news!!!  Fact is the Samsung app is worse in this instance than most I've tested. I pick up my pixel or even my older note and the quality of the sent video improves by at least 50%.  Samsung is so big they don't care about you, me or this message. The ambassadors will just feed all of us rhetoric.  I genuinely don't like my phone. I've been a samsung user for years and years but I've got an ad up on marketplace trading my mint note 10 plus for even an xs max pro (I can't believe I am willing to go backwards in an older model iphone but I am)

Good luck to you all and please don't listen to this garbage...do your own super simple test. 

0 Likes
Monkey19
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just send mine via fb messenger

0 Likes
userniQ6LDJ4DF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same issue.  I have Verizon and switched to their messaging app which solved the issue for me.  It's the red box with the white message icon in it.  If you have a different carrier, maybe they have something similar?

0 Likes
userm5PH3pIuoy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Oh I'm gonna tell you guys how to send clear videos. Open video u want to send then end the share button. After you hit share button search for a button that says link sharing. It most likely will let your download a app. Now that u did this next time you hit link sharing it will create a link for you to send large videos. You can copy and send link. The person will click link and go to watch them on their browser.

0 Likes
userOcCgfJmpR2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes videos are extremely blurry and when I receive screen shots they so blurry I can barely read them

0 Likes
useriB4Ra7rSy2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There is no "select large files". What phone do you have?? You're not on a Note 10!

0 Likes
userIoEjHOSdzY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go to gallery, pick a video that you would like to send. Play the video tap the 3 dots on the top right, click settings, turn on convert to hdr10+ videos when sharing and you will send Crystal clear videos and photos. They should have this automatically on but its not. 

userUWuGlIKekV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree. It is a shame these samsung phones will not let me send videos! I have to have an iPhone user video and send videos to family members!!! What a pain!! 

I have always been an android user, but this feature, or should I say not having the capability to send videos will make me change to an iPhone. 

0 Likes
userwNiHHSnEcP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same issue but I also have Verizon and my brother's phone was sending clear videos in text messages. Once I switch to messages plus instead of the text message app I was using, all of my videos send clear now

0 Likes
user7onuvcsD88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OMG YES!! I have the Galaxy S10 Plus and the videos I always film on my phone look amazing, but whenever I send the video over a text, Facebook Messenger or email it always ends up turning into a flaming pile of hot pixelated garbage!! I don't know if this is due to one of the settings I have set up on my phone, but I've still never managed to have a video I send out look as amazingly HD as what I'm viewing on my actual phone 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:!