cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Bring back old edge lighting settings

I recently updated my Samsung Galaxy S10+ and I noticed something about the notifications - they would sometimes open pop-ups of  the apps notifying me.

After some inveatigation in the settings, I found that the way Edge Lighting works has been changed. Now, swiping down on the notification will create a small pop up for the app. 

This change is pretty neat, but it's not for everyone. I would rather have no pop-ups at all for the apps I get, and the old behavior of Edge Lighting notifications worked perfectly. But you aren't able to disable this feature, so the only thing you can do is disable Edge Lighting entirely. 

It would be much appreciated if users could chose to turn this feature off, that way people can have some level of customization in regards to how they can interact with notifications.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Bring back old edge lighting settings

Most of us can't even get edge lighting to work. Maybe this is why. I have mine set to work with multiple apps but it only works when I receive a text.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Bring back old edge lighting settings

edge lighting isn't working for me on my s10, but my girlfriend edge lighting is working perfectly fine on her note 10