Galaxy

Re: Built in screen protector S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

True

user9lAAXR3dN9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday making calls to address my screen scratches on my S10. This was 1 day past my 14 day return period. I didn't use the phone right away.  I purchased a Verizon screen specifically stating on the package "for: Samsung Galaxy S10" protector made by ZAGG. It would not attach to the phone. I saw the phone has it's own screen protector so I continued to use it normally. I quickly notice the scratches and each day that went by there were more.  I made  a series of calls to Verizon, Samsung and a local store.  It boiled down to Verizon stating maybe I should attempt to make an insurance claim.  That did not go through. I then thought, why should I make a claim? Is this my fault?  Samsung stated the ONLY protector that will work on this phone is the one they produce model # ET-FG973CTEGUS. ANY other additional screen protector is NOT compatible.  Verizon didn't seem to know this. So who's fault is this..mine or Verizon or Samsung? At this point I am very upset. I will not pay all this money for a phone that is all scratched up.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user9lAAXR3dN9 Please send a PM with your full model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

userdLrso41nHB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Buy 

Full Glue UV Liquid Tempered Glass Screen Protector

off of Ebay. It's a great screen protector and works with finger print scanner.

userWI2wnjA87C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So true! They do come with protector

Whatjsays
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is correct. Please be advised this is only a film cover and not a glass screen protector.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once that one is all worn up you can toss it and buy a whitestone dome screen protector

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Correct

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are a lot of 3rd party screen protectors available if you'd like to buy your own. The factory-installed screen protector isn't the best but it does the job and works well with the fingerprint sensor. Just make sure whatever screen protector you buy has verbiage stating support for the built-in fingerprint sensor or you won't be able to fingerprint into the phone. Don't even bother with tempered glass screen protectors...none of them will hold up due to the curved screen edges. I must've tried a dozen of them with my S9+, prices ranging from $8 for two, to $50 for the OtterBox alpha glass (many of the cheaper tempered glass screens actually out-lasted the alpha glass). They're all garbage and only adhere to the screen around the edges.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

userXh0ir3gtbj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3ZkOWJYtRm wrote:

I have preordered an S10+ from Samsung, and was in the Verizon Store today and noticed that the S10+ on display appeared  to have a screen protector already installed.  I asked the Verizon rep, and he said yes, all S10s come with factory installed screen protector, and an add on screen protector is no longer required.  True or False?