cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3ZkOWJYtRm
Constellation

Built in screen protector S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have preordered an S10+ from Samsung, and was in the Verizon Store today and noticed that the S10+ on display appeared  to have a screen protector already installed.  I asked the Verizon rep, and he said yes, all S10s come with factory installed screen protector, and an add on screen protector is no longer required.  True or False?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: screen protector

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to our E-Commerce team at 1-855-726-8721. They can further assist you with the questions you have.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to our E-Commerce team at 1-855-726-8721. They can further assist you with the questions you have.

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is 100% true. Because of the built-in fingerprint sensor in the screen, Samsung pre-installed screen protectors on the phone to make sure everyone had a compatible one to start with. 20190224_151406.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3ZkOWJYtRm wrote:

I have preordered an S10+ from Samsung, and was in the Verizon Store today and noticed that the S10+ on display appeared  to have a screen protector already installed.  I asked the Verizon rep, and he said yes, all S10s come with factory installed screen protector, and an add on screen protector is no longer required.  True or False?

YES screen protector is pre-installed on the screen and it seems to have Oleophobic coating to prevent smudges, fingerprint and scratches so don't wash it with alcohol base wipes or else you remove the oleophobic coating.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
userDz2FmuTTcb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have scratches on my screen protector already

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDz2FmuTTcbf Isn't that what the screen protector is for?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've scratched mine and took it off on day one. The phone looks much better without it, and after a week of use, no scratches yet. Now I realize I will eventually start seeing some scratches, but if I'm looking at a scratched screen protector, I might as well just live with a scratched screen, that's my opinion.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
userOo0urJBJzh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did ur screen have/retain its oleophobic coating after u removed the screen protector?? I have  never used a screen protector on any of my Samsung phones, wanna peel it off but kinda worried if will have an oleophobic coating underneath??!!

@Geno71 wrote:
I've scratched mine and took it off on day one. The phone looks much better without it, and after a week of use, no scratches yet. Now I realize I will eventually start seeing some scratches, but if I'm looking at a scratched screen protector, I might as well just live with a scratched screen, that's my opinion.

userx5bHahGblB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too..  it scratches very easily and looks crappy with all the little scratches. I've had screen protectors on my previous phones and they raimained looking good for a long time

user8wvzFE5rtA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have scratches and 2 tiny "dents", I want it off, does anyone know how to remove it?