Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Burning smell from charger port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

Plugged my phone charger in my S10 and I heard a small sizzling sound and could smell burnt plastic?

Have only had the phone 3 months

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Burning smell from charger port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about this, and can definitely understand your concern. 

Are you using the charger that came with your unit, using a third party charger could potentially cause these types of symptoms. Samsung Recommends always sticking with a Samsung charger when charging any of our devices. 

I would like to obtain more information about your device @userGEZuXkz5Vg. Please send one of our moderators a private message with the following information. 

Name:

Street address:

2 Phone Numbers:

E-mail:

Place of Purchase:

Full Model code:

IMEI: 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Burning smell from charger port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about this, and can definitely understand your concern. 

Are you using the charger that came with your unit, using a third party charger could potentially cause these types of symptoms. Samsung Recommends always sticking with a Samsung charger when charging any of our devices. 

I would like to obtain more information about your device @userGEZuXkz5Vg. Please send one of our moderators a private message with the following information. 

Name:

Street address:

2 Phone Numbers:

E-mail:

Place of Purchase:

Full Model code:

IMEI: 

View solution in original post