cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CUTTaRUGG
Astronaut

Calendar & Reminder Notifications not working

I have recently switched from Apple to Android with a new S10. I'm mostly quite happy but one issue persists. Reminders and Calendar Events are not consistently popping up and at best they're a tiny notification for 2 seconds before existing on the lock screen. Many times Reminders and Calendar events just do not happen at all. This is baffling for me and I presume is due to some overlap in my apps.

I am running Google Calendar and Samsung Calendar and have tried just running Samsung Calendar with the same result.

Yesterday, I set a Samsung Reminder for 9am manually with the reminder set to "keep ringing". Nothing happened. I looked at my phone (which was on and open) at 9:20 and nothing had come up nor was listed on the notifications bar or lock screen. I checked the Reminders app and sure enough, the reminder was there but didn't work. I have a screenshot from the reminder.

I am also running Nova Launcher Pro and I wonder if this could be affecting the situation.

I keep my notifications on silent as I merely want them to take over my screen and stay there until I dismiss the reminder or event. I work with sound at weddings so I can't have my phone ruining a ceremony by reminding me about something. I also wonder if my silent settings could be the issue here.

I have notifications turned on for both calendars and for Reminders as well.

I notice in "Ringtone Reminders" that I cannot change my settings for sound. Where is this actually controlled? Screenshot attached.

I'm baffled and getting extremely frustrated. Anyone have ideas for me?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Calendar & Reminder Notifications not working

Do you experience the same symptoms if you disable your Nova Launcher Pro?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userIri6mB84IP
Constellation

Did you solve this problem? I was having the same issue with my Galaxy S10e. After not finding much for help except possibly battery optimization and advice that didn't solve the issue I finally fixed it!

Go under apps, select calendar then select battery. From here you can select the calendar app to not be battery optimized. I have received my calendar notifications for the past 5 days every time. 

Samsung_ibqgQBy
Constellation

thank you!

user3q5UqVk5SI
Astronaut

I tried to remove my calendar from the battery optimization & I'm still not getting my notifications.  Anyone have any other ideas.  There is NO reference or help for this & it's so frustrating because my old brain can't remember all my calendar events.  HELP!  Thanks

userQLZDh77v22
Constellation

Hi, I have an A50 and experienced the same. What happened was that for whatever reason all calendar notifications were disabled. Try to go to Settings in the calendar app and then to Notifications. Switch on everything that you would like to appear on the screen. In my case it helped immediately.