cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Calendar links in text messages

I'm writing to express my frustration and bewilderment that someone thought it was in any way a good idea to underline the words "today" and "tomorrow" and generate calendar links EVERY time I type them in a text message, AND offer NO option to turn this "feature" off.

I have seen many posts about this and no resolution or response for months. In fact, it's actually posted on another thread and incorrectly marked "solved" - which is even more infuriating. 

We need an option to turn this off, or better yet, removed completely. 99% of the time I type "today" or "tomorrow" in a text message, it's part of normal conversation, and should not create a calendar prompt. It's an awful idea, has been going on for months, and I've yet to receive an official response or even an acknowledgement that a fix is in the works.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Calendar links in text messages

I agree 100%.

I will go one step further..  I would and will absolutely NEVER use a text mesaaging app to set up calendar dates, times and events.

If I want to set up a calendar event, I will open up the calendar app. Yeah, i know that seems un-intuitive to use a calendar app to setup a calendar event... but I guess I am just getting old! Hahah!

We just need a fix now. Its been 3 months now since this bug happened and no fix or response from Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just got this feature after an update last week on my Galaxy S8 and am dumbfounded as to how Samsung really thought turning some of the most commonly used words in the English language into hyperlinks was a good idea. It's such a ridiculous oversight in UI that it makes me question whether I really need to continue buying from this brand. There are other small irks with this phone that when added up are pushing me over the edge into Google Pixel territory. The fact that it also breaks links to actual URLs continaing these words and still hasn't been fixed is so mind-blowingly absurd. I truly have no words.

It looks like the first person to post about this online did so in August of 2019... which was more than 5 months ago. What exactly needs to happen for this to be corrected??

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I just got the Android 10 update earlier this evening, and I noticed that too! I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a reference for yourself, so you can check your calendar, or if the other person sees it (given that they also have the newest update on a Samsung phone). I can't imagine Samsung sharing your calendar with just anybody, so I'm thinking it's a link to your own schedule. Either way, I find it unnecessary. I'm a boring person, with no need for a day planner/calendar 😂

Highlighted
Asteroid

Is literally any person with authority or from Samsung even following this thread? It seems like new people constantly post here about this issue yet I NEVER see an official acknowledgement of those posts or even that this issue exists! Hello? ANYONE?

Highlighted
Constellation

About to toss this phone and go Apple!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Please fix this Samsung!