cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user91beYctXfc
Constellation

Camera Fail

Hi all,

I'm getting a camera fail with the camera app that comes with the phone.

I force stopped it, cleared data and cache, turned on and off the phone, cleared the cache

on the phone with no luck. Tried it in safe mode - camera fail. I accidently discovered that I

could take a picture with Facebook so I downloaded the app Camera MX.

The question - Is there a way to uninstall the app (I do have that selection - but here is the

trick) and then reinstall it without factory resetting the phone?

Appreciate any help or ideas ya'll got!

Thanks,

Rick

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Camera Fail

The app itself is likely corrupt which is why you're seeing that "camera fail" message. The camera still works with other 3rd party apps so it's a software issue not a hardware problem.

To the best of my knowledge, the camera app is not uninstallable because it's part of the S10's firmware. If the camera app is failing in Safe mode then it seems that the firmware is likely corrupt and a factory data reset may be in order. Prior to running a factory reset, you can back up your data/apps to Samsung cloud and restore your S10 to the exact state it was in before the reset. Makes the process much less painful but it still does take some time and you'll have to re-do some of your configuration after the restore. You can also do some online research and learn how to correctly re-flash which goes a bit further than a factory reset because it completely wipes the device and applies the latest firmware directly.

I'd go with a factory data reset first...when it's done and you go through the intiial setup, immediately check out the camera app and make sure it works. Was the camera app working then suddenly stopped?

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Samsung Care Ambassador

This. Couldn't have typed it better myself.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
userKQ623CJq4q
Asteroid

Same issue here. Samsung s10+, camera app stopped working after the most recent software update. Factory reset has done nothing, safe mode nothing, cache clearing/app reset/force stop. Nothing seems to work to fix it, yet the camera itself clearly still works via instagram/messenger etc. 

user64kuRx0OAW
Constellation

Yeah. I bought this unlocked, I paid $1000. I think my camera should work for that price. 

user64kuRx0OAW
Constellation

I just held down the app icons and the subscript pulled up. I selected camera and it now works, even without holding it. Super lame Samsung. You all need to fix that.

userKQ623CJq4q
Asteroid

Didn't work for me