My Samsuns S10 plus camera fails 90% of the time when I open the phones original camera app. When it does work, I have to work to make the camera focus When I'm using an app that uses the camera(Snapchat), the camera may not fail but it's still hard to get the camera to focus.
Yes, I've tried all the things. I've forced it to stop, cleard the cache, the case fits fine, restarted the phone, etc.. I dont want to do a hard reset. It started happening after a previous update, it worked perfectly before that. Has anyone found a solution? Please help, this is very upsetting.
Nothing works. I ended up doing all you did as well, plus a master reset and it actually made it worse. Samsung informed me it may be something internally. But I believe this phone is garbage! I truly wish I could get my 9+ back. That camera was so far the best
I'm having the same issue. A factory reset didn't fix the issue for me. Some people have said that it could have been the latest update which added "night mode" to the snapdragon devices camera app.
Hey there @user8wxVhMppki,
I can certainly understand your frustrations regarding this. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device recently? This help clears any outdated files/data from after a recent update.
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.
I hope this helps.