cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Camera - Pro Modes Utilize ALL Cameras

For Samsung to efficiently compete with the likes of Apple in the pro-photo/video space, they need to allow the pro photo/video modes to utilize ALL cameras; not just the main Wide camera. In pro modes, any zoom is achieved digitally, rather than using the ultrawide or telephoto. While Samsung has allowed more control over photo/video settings than any other smartphone company yet to my knowledge, this feature is very important to me. ESPECIALLY for the next two reasons:

1. When I want photos, I go to the pro mode. Which means I can almost NEVER utilize the ultrawide/telephoto since the pro modes are exclusive to the main wide camera.

2. I'm using an S10. The variable aperture is cool-ish? I like to be able to control it, but I don't get much of a difference, worth the extra hardware. This is likely the reason Samsung dropped the variable aperture with the S20. I initially thought the reason the Pro mode was only with the main camera is BECAUSE it's the only camera with a variable aperture. But the S20 has a fixed aperture, and I never even NEED to change the aperture from 1.4 to 2.2. That being said, I'd much rather be able to utilize the other cameras in pro mode in addition to the main, rather than have control over each camera's aperture (which in my case, I would only be able to control 1/3 apertures). That is a fine tradeoff by all means. 
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera - Pro Modes Utilize ALL Cameras

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products. Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Camera - Pro Modes Utilize ALL Cameras

thanks so much!
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Camera - Pro Modes Utilize ALL Cameras

Yeah, I found this out the hard way: after buying the phone. I can't believe Samsung doesn't allow full hardware control in PRO mode. 

BTW, did you know the 5x lens on the Note 20 ULTRA isn't even used in Auto mode under certain conditions? Crazy. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Camera - Pro Modes Utilize ALL Cameras

that's so wild man! hopefully we can get more exposure on this (no pun intended) and make some changes for the best 🤘🏼