cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonnieRh
Asteroid

Camera freezing

My camera app keeps freezing I go to open my camera and it will open but the image freezes and will not work right only way I can get it to work normal once it starts is to reset the phone.

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera freezing

Have you attempted to force stop and clear the cache for the camera application?

KlarinetteTalus
Constellation

Hi, I've also had this issue and I've tried clearing the cache and force stopping the camera to no avail. userLQjg1UrbUd's solution works for making the issue temporary, but it is still reoccurring nonetheless. Another two issues I've been having have been that if the rear camera freezes for too long, the app will crash, and then the rear camera refuses to focus sometimes when it does work and there seems to be no solution to these either. Has there been any progress on fixing this main issue or either of these other ones?

mixxxk
Constellation

Mine has started doing this as well.  My quick fix that has been working, is I hit the selfie camera, and that unfreezes it, and then I swap back to the rear and it's working normal again. This has happened to me all in the last few days. Not sure why this has started. 

Samsung_G9ko44O
Astronaut

Question to Ronnie? Is your devise inside of a case, or i...

Question to Ronnie? Is your devise inside of a case, or in closure of any type?

If so, check to see if the case is the the correct case made for your device! If it's not, you just may have found your problem!

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GOOD LUCK!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

userOgGBHgJzHc
Astronaut

Same issue here. Any resolution?

Does this happen with all camera apps or just the built-i...

Does this happen with all camera apps or just the built-in one? the Galaxy S10 is a pretty new phone and update might have caused an issue or there might be some type of bug. If that's the case hopefully the next update will fix it.

SapperBill
Constellation

Re: Does this happen with all camera apps or just the built-i...

So far it's been happening with all the camera apps I use. Facebook, my home inspection app, snapchat, ect. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Does this happen with all camera apps or just the built-i...

At this point, I would recommend having the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You may have two options for this depending on your location. You can either visit a local uBreakiFix location or you can send your device into the Samsung service center.