cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userQis3jbKivV
Asteroid

Camera lens on s10+

Since I got my phone I've noticed it appears as if there is possibly something inside or behind the lens. It leaves a whitish line and another same colored dot on all of my photos and videos. I'm curious if anyone else has that same issue. Or if it's just my phone. I also wonder if Samsung will even be able to do anything about it since I paid for this phone in full during preorder. Idk what options i have if this is an actual problem rather than just being an annoying normal part of the camera. I'll insert an image that shows the spots I'm talking about. They're definitely more noticeable on dark photos because of the contrast of dark with the lighter colored spot. But they're in every photo and video I take. I circled where to look so its easier to see what I'm talking about.

4 REPLIES 4
userQis3jbKivV
Asteroid

I want to also add, in case I wasn't clear, that this is...

I want to also add, in case I wasn't clear, that this is definitely something inside the camera lens setup. I have cleaned the glass where the camera is. And I've looked at it and dont see any obvious scratches or anything. It has to be something inside. And when I zoom in while taking a photo or video the spots get bigger too

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Camera lens on s10+

Hello. Can you tell me if this glitch, if you will, is present when using every camera lens? 

Though, being that there's no physical damage, you should consider backing up your phone to prepare for a diagnostic. In the event repairs are needed, you may lose all data present on the phone (ex. Mainboard replacements). 

For service you can reach out to Samsung (1 800 SAMSUNG) or UbreakiFix. Both have physical locations around the US, but availability varies by region. Lastly, paying in full doesn't void a phone's warranty. You are still well within 1 year (length may vary in other markets). 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userQis3jbKivV
Asteroid

It seems to be there on the normal lens and the telephoto...

It seems to be there on the normal lens and the telephoto lens. I'm not sure if it is on the wide lens. It may be just harder to see since it is smaller when the wide lens is selected. So I cant tell. But definitely noticeable on the others.

I have taken photos of my hand covering the lenses to show the anomalies better. I just did screenshots so that it can show that it's there during the live view as well, and not just something happening in post processing.

userQis3jbKivV
Asteroid

Also, it is only on the rear cameras. Not the front. The...

Also, it is only on the rear cameras. Not the front. The front cameras seem fine.