cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
christiannnn_m
Asteroid

Camera not focusing after update

I have been having issues with my camera focusing on my s10 plus. At first I thought it was a software glitch so I did a factory reset and the issue persisted. At that point I contacted verizon and they came to the conclusion that I needed a new phone so they sent a refurb to me. upon receiving the refurbished device I had no issues until last night. I did an update yesterday morning and that same night it started with the same exact issue as the last phone. The camera refuses to pull into focus (mainly in low light conditions) and often times when trying to launch the camera app it lags out and says something along the lines of "camera failed to initiate". This has brought me to the conclusion that it must be a bug in the latest updates that samsung has pushed out. Does anyone know a fix for this or do we need to wait for Samsung to address the issue??? It has been going on since the June or July update on my last phone so if it is a OS bug SAMSUNG GET IT TOGETHER AND FIX IT. I am on the verge of taking the phone back to verizon and demanding a different brand if this is not fixed soon.

If anyone else is having this issue comment so samsung can see this is a real problem.

27 REPLIES 27
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera not focusing after update

Are you experiencing these symptoms when using the stock camera app? Do you have Snapchat on your device?

christiannnn_m
Asteroid

The attached photos are examples  the camera failed warning is from default camera app. The out of focus is from Snapchat however I'm pretty sure that this was happening on my default camera app the other night too and 99% sure that it was happening on default camera app on previous phone. I will try to get screenshot of default camera too when it does it.Screenshot_20190804-215823_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20190804-215859_Snapchat.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this a try: If you uninstall Snapchat do you still experience these symptoms?

christiannnn_m
Asteroid

I will try it. Has Snapchat been causing issues in event updates?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We don't currently have a known issue. However, I have seen multiple users stating removing Snapchat has corrected it for them.

christiannnn_m
Asteroid

Okay I'll keep an eye out. It did seem odd that it happened after I updated this device the other day though so maybe a compatibility issue in the new update. I also contacted snapchat about it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Wonderful. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance.

christiannnn_m
Asteroid

I now have Snapchat uninstalled and rebooted phone after it was uninstalled. The camera is really struggling to focus. It pulls it in and rapidly pulls it out of focus. It pretty much is pulsing between in focus and out of focus. This is on the default camera app. Currently testing in low light situations and that is where it is prominent. This has been an issue only since I updated the phone the other night on this device but was an issue as soon as I updated my previous phone about a month or two ago as well. Previous device was factory reset, cache cleared etc and issue persisted. I really believe this is a bug in the latest software version that needs to be fixed ASAP.

christiannnn_m
Asteroid

Additionally I also installed an older version of snapchat that was released early May before this issue existed and stil had the same issue occuring. This also leads me to believe it is not snapchat but samsung to blame for this. I have seen a few threads on it and my one friend said his coworker was complaining about the same thing happening on his s10 plus.