cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Camera vibrates when taking photo/video

sometimes my phone vibrates and makes a loud noise when I open the camera, even if I switch between video or photo, it keeps vibrating. I need to open and close the app several times or switch to forward facing ("selfie") and back for it to stop vibrating. I contacted Samsung via chat. They walked me through "clearing the partition cache" but that did not work. They instructed me to do a factory reset. I was hesitant and wanted to be walked through the process of making sure my phone was backed up when the rep stopped responding (even though it seemed we were still connected) I stayed on chat for 30 minutes, waiting and he never got back to me.

So now due to the fact that i don't want to be left in the middle of an attempt to fix it online, I'm nervous and would rather bring in the device to a store to have it looked at but of course everyone is closed due to the pandemic. My warranty expires at the end of the month. Any advice???

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera vibrates when taking photo/video

Does this occur when the device is in safe mode? 

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Highlighted
Constellation

It is still happening in safe mode. And my warranty expires May 26 but our county is still under stay at home orders....

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hi there, If the symptom is still present in safe mode I recommend a service repair. You may take the device to your local UbreakIfix and they can usually have your device back to you within a day. Alternatively, feel free to reach out when you have the ability to ship in your device for a service repair.