cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Can rarely answer phone calls

My partner and I have two new Galaxy S10e phones, and neither one makes it easy to answer or hang up on phone calls.  When a call comes in, I swipe or tap the green phone icon multiple times without anything happening.  I often miss calls, and have to call the person back.  Same goes for the hang-up icon.  If I don't want to receive the incoming call, I tap or swipe multiple times, but nothing happens.  Never had this problem with my older S7.  Is there a fix for this?  I've googled this question, and many other people have the same problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can rarely answer phone calls

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Are you using a theme or a third party launcher on your device?

-If yes I would recommend trying the default theme or launcher.

Have you always experienced these symptoms?

-If no, have you had a recent update to your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for your reply.  I started up the phone in Safe Mode, and there are no third party apps.  I keep the cache clean.  I have no theme or third party launcher.  The phones are new and don't have much on them.  From the very beginning this has been a problem on both phones.  I've googled this, and found that other people have had the same problem with this model of phone.  The one answer that worked is that I have to swipe "up" instead of toward the center of the phone to answer a call, and this seems to work better, but even then it takes two or three tries.  It's the same problem with ending calls.  I have to swipe the hangup icon up or at an angle several times to get it to end the call.  I don't know why Samsung couldn't make it easier and had us just tap the green receiver icon to answer calls.  Could there be a software update that would fix this problem?

Highlighted
Constellation

THAT's all???????  First do make assumptions about what people do or do not know.  If you tell me to change the safe mode then tell me where to go to do that.  I use settings>help all the time and it NEVER finds what I am looking for.  To use this phone a person needs to go to a masters degree class to find out how to use it - next time i will buy an iphone