cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tendoboy1984
Asteroid

Can't connect DualShock 4 controller to S10E via USB cable to play PS4 Remote Play.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Can't connect DualShock 4 controller to S10E via USB cable to play PS4 Remote Play.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Tendoboy1984, I hope you're doing well.

Currently, it looks like Sony made the dual shock controllers a bit restricted. Based on some research I did, this will work on any Android device running Android 10. The Android 10 beta for the Galaxy  S10 devices were just announced yesterday and will begin soon. Once on Android 10, you should be able to use a dualshock controller. Sadly this is due to Sony's restrictions but thankfully we have beta around the corner.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Can't connect DualShock 4 controller to S10E via USB cable to play PS4 Remote Play.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Tendoboy1984, I hope you're doing well.

Currently, it looks like Sony made the dual shock controllers a bit restricted. Based on some research I did, this will work on any Android device running Android 10. The Android 10 beta for the Galaxy  S10 devices were just announced yesterday and will begin soon. Once on Android 10, you should be able to use a dualshock controller. Sadly this is due to Sony's restrictions but thankfully we have beta around the corner.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

userQX7WjVNSSB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can we get something on the s8 (still an AWESOME phone btw) as a workaround? 

Tendoboy1984
Asteroid

Re: Can't connect DualShock 4 controller to S10E via USB cable to play PS4 Rem..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well it's good that Android 10 supports the dualshock 4 controller, but I am disappointed that it doesn't work on earlier versions of Android. I have to use touch screen controls which are very frustrating.

userT8prXNP9FY
Cosmic Ray

Re: Can't connect DualShock 4 controller to S10E via USB cable to play PS4 Rem..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can pair via bluetooth bc the bluetooth controllers duh dummys

Logicalpoop2
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tbh without going through alot of hoops to use a dualshock, a xbox controller pairs perfectly with bluetooth no issues. I feels on the issue though because I like the dpad on the dualshock

Tendoboy1984
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can't play PS4 games with an Xbox controller. And the Remote Play app doesn't support controllers until Android 10 is released.

Tropgalaxy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use Xbox not sure about ps controller Xbox works fine