cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Can't disable auto hyperlinks to calendar in text messages

We are not just looking to give feedback... we are looking for an update to allow us to disable this annoying "feature"

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hi Rei, this post is not about a "feedback/request/idea". This post is about a serious bug in the messaging app causing the functionality of the phone to break. The bug was reported almost a month ago in October 2019 and seems to be affecting all Samsung phones that got the new OS automatic update around that time. Based off the posts alone, it is affecting all S8, S9, S10 and newer models. Thats a lot of phones affected by this bug and we really need a fix for this. Please forward all the posts here to the software team that is responsible for fixing critical functionality bugs on the Samsung Messaging app.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm with everyone else here that this isn't feedback, it is a problem that needs to be fixed.  I have just had to explain to a friend (also a Samsung user, but with a Samsung S6, I'm using an S10) that no, my text message did not say 'Wednedsday 2nd January at 5pm' it said 'Wednesday 2-5pm' - because of the way the app is treating the message the 5pm was turned into a hyperlink, and the Wednesday 2 looked like a date.  It is not a smart feature to link key words (like today, tomorrow) to a calendar - it is a painful nuisance.  I type words like today, tomorrow, days of the weeks, months etc. a lot in my text messages, and it is very rare that I am actually talking about or creating an event!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Seriously?? "Thanks for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung?" That's it?!?

Here's some feedback for you! I currently have the S9 and have been looking at the S10. However, in light of the unchecked stupidity that allowed this to be pushed out, I'm not looking at the Pixel4 despite being a Samsung customer since the original Galaxy. There's your feedback and feel free to do with it as you wish.

With that being said, I'll be upgrading my phone in December. If this BUG is still a "feature," then I'll have a Pixel4. Yes... it's that annoying!

BTW... Happy Thanksgiving! 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'll click accept a solution when you provide an update that lets me stop this function or removes it altogether. I wish deleting my calendar app would help, but then it just asks if I want the link to go to Google calendar instead. I don't want any link to be generated by the message block unless I specifically type a web address. Don't release updates that don't make any sense or save anyone time unless they can be disabled.

Highlighted
Constellation

After recent update, calendar links created in messaging

Forced to do an update on my S10 today which updated some security settings but also added changes to the messenger. The most of annoying of which is whenever you type today, tomorrow, or even a time (ie 9:00am) it is automatically turned into a hyperlink that leads to the calendar app. Samsung calls it a "smart feature" but for the most part their smart features just end up being big annoyances lately with these silly updates. If anyone has figured out how to disable this feature please tell me. Otherwise, Samsung you need to push another update to disable this infuriating and useless feature. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: After recent update, calendar links created in messaging

I fully agree. There are now several threads here asking the exact same thing. Everyone wants this "feature" removed completely or auto disabled.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Some users at XDA are reporting the same for the S9. I can confirm it happens in my S9 using T-Mobile.

Highlighted
Constellation

This just happened after the recent update to my S9 Plus. I find this so feature annoying and confusing. Going to have to use a different texting app until Samsung hopefully changes this or someone comes up with a work around. 

Ugh, badly done Samsung

Highlighted
Constellation

Day of week highlights in Text Message

Has anyone noticed on their new update for the S10 that when you type in day of week in text such as "today", 'tomorrow' it automatically highlights and when you click on it, it opens up calendar.  Any way on how to disable that feature in settings?  I have looked and no luck. At the bottom, I attached an example.20191107_065853.jpg