cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Feffer
Constellation

Can't move pics to some albums in Gallery.

Recently I have had issues trying to move pics to some of the albums in my Gallery app.  I keep my pics very organized in albums that are specific to a type of photo, for me it makes it easier to find pics and keep on top of what pics I have on my phone.  When I try to move a pic from say the downloaded album, I select the album I want the pic(s) to go to and nothing happens.  The album will highlite momentarily but nothing changes, the pic(s) doesn't move.  I don't use an SD card and the albums are not full to capacity.  There are rare times when the albums will accept a pic(s) to be moved but that's very Intermittent.  I can't figure out what the problem is, I tried turning on wifi and data to see if either one needed to be on like some of the other features on the S10 but that doesn't seem to matter.  If anybody knows how to solve this issue or has some suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input in this matter, thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Can't move pics to some albums in Gallery.

Hey, 

I saw the exact same thing in the gallery app. It either happened after I manually moved the albums to a custom view order or when I was working extensively with gallery cloud sync. I turned off gallery sync and cleared the gallery app cache and data put the settings back the way they were and everything worked fine after that.

CLF 

Feffer
Constellation

Hi CLF,

I tried what you said and unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.  If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears!

JP 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

Sorry to hear that didn't help. I didn't ask but do you have sync to cloud turned on for the albums you can't use the move to album with. That's the only other service I was using when the issue started in my gallery app. 

CLF 

Feffer
Constellation

Hey,

I have sync to cloud turned on for all of my albums.  Do you think if I turned those off Individually that might help?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

Yes I would do that first. Or open Samsung Cloud and open the gallery sync interface and turn sync off completely. Next I would clear the cache and data for for the gallery app again and test moving images to albums. 

Another option which I have used to clear up a sync issue is that within the gallery sync interface is an option to delete all gallery data from the cloud. An information page will display explaining what it does. Clear the cache and data for the gallery app an test moving pictures to and from albums. Open the cloud sync interface and select a few albums to upload and let them finish syncing. A few at a time so you don't run into any syncing issues. 

I've cleared the cache and data for the gallery app, the Samsung cloud app and deleted all the gallery data from the cloud and never lost a single file. I really hope this gets rid of the issue for good. 

CLF