cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AudraD
Asteroid

Can't set different tone for text messages vs. other notifications

I just got the Samsung 10e and don't want to set custom notifications for individuals or groups; rather, I want a different tone for all text message notifications vs. other types of notifications and there seems to be no way to do this even though I could on OLD Samsung 7.  This is SERIOUSLY annoying.  Has anyone found a way around this?

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't set different tone for text messages vs. other notifications

When you go to apps, pick your apps and click on notifications, general notifications, sounds are you able to change your notifications sounds for your apps?

userliVtfy0wpB
Astronaut

I just got the S10e and I'm having the same issue. I have gone into both my Gmail and messaging apps separately and chosen separate sounds for each, but the phone just defaults to the default sound. I spent a lot of money on this phone. To not be able to accomplish something as simple as separate notification sounds for email and text is pretty annoying, and I must say has me truly second guessing this purchase decision.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Try going to Settings, Notifications, under recently sent tap "see all", scroll down to Messages and tap it. Tap General notifications, then Sound. You should be able to select your custom text notification from this screen.

usermJX6pWqEvX
Constellation

You may need to make a folder called "Notification" on th...

You may need to make a folder called "Notification" on the device storage and in that folder you place tones for notifications