cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Can't update Facebook error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the last week or so my phone's been trying to update the app from the Google Play store but I keep getting an error message saying that it can't update Facebook. It's never been an issue before and every other app updates correctly. Tried clearing the apps cache still no fix. Anyone else? The file size is 684 kb.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Can't update Facebook error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I did to both messenger and Facebook force stop play store then delete both messenger and Facebook and reinstall. When you go to my apps they will no longer show needing updated.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check connection, clear play store data & cache, check storage

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Are you connected to WiFi when trying to update the Facebook app? Have you tried clearing the cache on the Google Play store?

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a few days it finally worked right. It has done this twice in the past 6 months and the only app i own to ever do this. Even though it was a small update like 3 mb it did ask me to connect to wifi even though I'm on 4g.

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It finally updated over 4g. Yesterday the messenger app wouldn't update on 4g, later that day i tried it and it worked. Very odd...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I did to both messenger and Facebook force stop play store then delete both messenger and Facebook and reinstall. When you go to my apps they will no longer show needing updated.

View solution in original post