cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservXjWaCCjUa
Asteroid

Cannot Connect S10E with Chevy MyLink

Just replaced my dead S7 with an S10E, My Chevy MyLink in my 2018 Trax does not recognize the S10E.

I have done all of the standard TS steps, including ensuring the S10E,  MyLink, and Android Auto are fully updated, caches cleared,  etc. 

I've been a Galaxy user since launch, and an avid user at that. Even though I've dropped $800 on the phone itself & an additional $100 on gadgets for it, I'm sorry to say I'm strongly considering returning this device & going with another brand altogether due to this hassle, as well as the lack of the common-sense notification LED.  

Please advise of next steps. I will return the phone SUN 06/30-MON 07/01 if there is no fix.

Thank You.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Cannot Connect S10E with Chevy MyLink

@uservXjWaCCjUa wrote:

... does not recognize the S10E.

I have an older Chevy without MyLink but with Bluetooth connectivity. IME with Bluetooth systems in autos you must go through the system in the car to enable the Bluetooth to be visible and then you find it on your phone and initiate the pairing. It sounds like you may be doing the opposite.

uservXjWaCCjUa
Asteroid

Re: Cannot Connect S10E with Chevy MyLink

Unfortunately that isn't the case @LongHiker   I wish it were, I don't want to go through hassle of returning it. Using the prompts in my vehicle, I've paired/unpaired/forgotten numerous times. The vehicle says the S10e is paired but you can't play music or hear calls. I've reached out to Samsung Support, and they directed me to try MirrorLink,... If only that software was available in my 2018 Chevy Trax (MyLink is what this vehicle has).  My car doesn't acknowledge the S10e when I plug it in via USB, so in addition to no bluetooth, I can't connect w/ MyLjnk.