cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userl4f43cGt67
Astronaut

Cannot Write to SD after update

Yes, it's posted elsewhere but I am not seeing @samsung providing any support or acknowledgement of a potential issue in those threads, so posting it again here. 

I have a Samsung SD card which worked fine up until the moment I downloaded and installed the UX update G975USQU2CSKP.

Since then, I recieve the permanent notifcation "Can't Write to SD card".  I can read access it fine.

I have attempted to format the SD card on the phone, and like others have mentiond it freezes at 20% and doesn't proceed no matter how long you leave the screen on.

I have confirmed the SD Card works fine by writing to it using other devices. 

Please acknowledge and provide thoughts.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cannot Write to SD after update

Please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SD support. The SD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usermuauIKgQSM
Constellation

Re: Cannot Write to SD after update

Same problem here.

I updated to Android 10 in January, and almost immediately got the error message.

Card is a Samsung 128 GB which always worked fine, and still does on the computer.

Phone unable to reformat card.

It's obviously a software bug.

Others experiencing exact same issue:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/SD-Card-Can-t-write/td-p/1051035