Original topic:

Cannot add or remove apps or widget to homescreen

(Topic created: 06-20-2019 08:31 AM)
userLSQxGFLeUq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi

I cannot add or remove apps or widget to homescreen for my new S10. I bought it 1 months back. I could do it for first 2 weeks - after that "Add to homescreen" is disabled and cannot move new widgets too. Please help. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userLSQxGFLeUq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I did the cache partition as per your instruction - but unfortunately that didn't help. A fix from my collegue helped. Here is what I did - this will help others with the same issue. 

1. In my S10, in one of the empty areas of my homescreen, I pressed to open the widget/wallpaper/themes..etc. screen.

2. Tapped the "Homescreen settings"

3. Turn "Off" the option "Lock Home screen layout"

This helped.

Still thanks a lot for all your time. I do appreciate it.

View solution in context

21 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So just to clarify when you long press on an app you are no longer able to add or remove them is that correct?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userLSQxGFLeUq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Correct...I can see the pop up window with the options "Remove from homescreen" or "Add to homescreen"...but everything is greyed out. Thanks for your response.

0 Likes
userLSQxGFLeUq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Screenshot_20190620-115055_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you experience these symptoms with all app are just specific apps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userLSQxGFLeUq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just attached a screenshot in my last response. Please let me know if you can't see it. Thanks a lot for helping me out.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was able to see the screenshot. Thank you for providing that. Do you experience these symptoms with all app are just specific apps?

0 Likes
userLSQxGFLeUq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

All apps/widgets . Thanks

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

0 Likes
userLSQxGFLeUq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I know how to clear cache for individual apps - but how do I do this ? Thanks

0 Likes