cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Cannot clear cache on device care

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Up until this week when I clicked on device care app, under storage I was able to clear the cache, however they took that option away. I tried to turn off the phone, then press the power key, the volume down and Bixby to wipe the partition cache, however I got a warning not to do so.... Can somebody please tell me h another option to clear the cache.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Cannot clear cache on device care

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi again! There's a way to wipe all cache still! Smiley Happy

I do this once a month and it keeps my device running at its best.

Power off your device completely.

Hold the power, bixby, and volume up button at the same time and don't let go.

Once you see a page landing pop up where it shows "Android Recovery" at the top...

Use the volume down button to move down to "Wipe Cache Partition"

Click the power button once you're on Wipe Cache Partition and then click Reboot System Now with your power button.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK I just realized my error about wiping the cache partition. After you turn off the phone, you press simultaneously the power button, and the volume UP with the Bixby Button, not the volume DOWN.... so that part I figured out however, why did device care app have to take away the clean cache option in the storage?

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The option got removed due to some backlash of Qihoo 360 running the operation. Users reported that they did not find the company to be trustworthy to be used on their phones.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK thank you for the explanation I appreciated it, however how does Samsung suggest we clear the cache without having to go through a 3rd party app (which may cause bloatware and eventually spyware) or having to go into each app to clear its cache?

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi again! There's a way to wipe all cache still! Smiley Happy

I do this once a month and it keeps my device running at its best.

Power off your device completely.

Hold the power, bixby, and volume up button at the same time and don't let go.

Once you see a page landing pop up where it shows "Android Recovery" at the top...

Use the volume down button to move down to "Wipe Cache Partition"

Click the power button once you're on Wipe Cache Partition and then click Reboot System Now with your power button.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just posted in response to this question, I believe that the company that was the 3 party vendor had bad Data problems. So the update to device care removed the feature Samsung should issue a voucher for a app to replace feature

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How about while they're getting rid of a 3rd party app that causes problems, they replace it with one that they researched that is a lot better and safer after the update... I just read online that they are researching new ones for the next update I guess we just have to be patient...

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you uninstall update for Device Care. The storage cleaner is Available

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you I read that some people are doing that however it brings back the original problem that the Qihoo 360 is shady and that is why it was taken away in the first place... My question is a company as big as Samsung if you find that a certain 3rd party app is not good why not replaced it with a better one right away.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wiping the cache partition is not the same as clearing app cache.