cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cannot dismiss Alarm clock from lock screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userHAO1SrczL8, Does this happen when your device is in safe mode?

userH9tczUy95p
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with dismissing an alarm in the lock screen. I can only snooze it. Same problem with answering a call and this started after an update a couple of weeks ago. DRIVING ME INSANE!! 

userHAO1SrczL8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Press dismiss then slide finger 

userhopHrI4yaa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you - I can confirm this works. Grateful!

Any way to reduce the size of the timer font to how it was with Oreo?

userH9tczUy95p
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem - nothing has fixed it yet. I also cannot find the option to be able to dismiss an alarm while in lock screen. That has disappeared.

userEk1Ypk1An6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same, I am not able to dismiss my alarm or decline phone calls. Very irritating. The only way to turn off my alarm is to hit the side button which actually snoozes it, which I don't do (never snooze) or go into the actual clock app and turn off the alarm, which is counterproductive as I have a daily alarm set that goes off at the same time every single day which I now have to turn off and back on every single day making that functionality pointless. 

userdHFeT2EAHl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issue. Quite annoying to have to unlock phone, go into clock app, turn off alarm, then turn back on again for tomorrow. First world problem?  Maybe, but annoying nonetheless. The title of this thread shouldn't say "Solved", since it clearly isnt. 

userhopHrI4yaa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact problem. Only after Pie update. Cannot dismiss alarm whatsoever. Have to unlock, switch off alarm manually, then relock. Absolutely infuriating if you use your alarm systems frequently through the day which I do. Samsung? 

userc6Kmu8ywBa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This problem is not solved. I started using my Samsung S10 yesterday and first alarm clock this morning was impossible to dismiss despite the dismiss button displayed on the screen. Snoozing was the only option. Very frustrating. Please advise on how to fix the problem.

Mtiede
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HOW did you try to use the dismiss button?  Did you just touch it?  I think you have to touch and hold and then swipe up to activate the button.  Don't know why?  Seems counterintuitive.  Let me know if that helps.