cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Charger melted and melted the charger port

Put my phone on charge and about 5 minutes later i came back and could smell burning and the charger had meted detroying the charing port in the process 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Charger melted and melted the charger port

Thank you for reaching out, could you please provide me with your model code and IMEI in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userMVjkvcDRN1 

Original charger and cable, right? 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Samsung Care Ambassador

Were you using the original charging cord and charging block? Is anything else visibly broken aside from the charging port?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am going through the same thing tonight. What are my options?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Samsung_orJ7mTy Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Halo

Unfortunately Samsung has had this problem before ide say try talking to your phone provider if they can't do anything you have to call Samsung customer support and ask for a replacement if you're on warranty then you have to wate a month to send your phone in and in another month (maybe) they will send you a replacement phone..... this happened to me took me about to months and me and my mother calling several times for them to fix the issue

Highlighted
Astronaut

You'll need to replace the phone unfortunately. While you wait, if your phone is compatible, you can wirelessly charge your phone