I am at my wits end with this. Yesterday, I realized none of my App updates were going through. They either never start to download, or they download to 99% and never complete. I did all the things everyone suggests -- clearing cache and data of Play Store, checking my internet connection, restarting Download manager, etc. Finally, I got spo exasperated that I wiped the phone (which I could not do through software, btw, I literally had to do a hard reset from phone off). Went through the wizard, attached my Google account, and now I am in exactly the same place. A fully wiped and reinstalled phone, and a Play Store that will not update (or add) any apps. What do I do now??
Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device or tested the device in safe mode?
Here are the steps for the wipe.
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press the Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
@userAYO26FZ2U7 I have been having the exact same issue. Wiped my phone 3 times, removed and added my Google account multiple times, cleared the cache, etc... yesterday I started doing some tests to narrow down the problem after Google turned down helping me and blamed Samsung for the issue.
By chance do you have the Amazon Alexa app installed?
Same issue here with note 10+, seems like the support reps can only copy and paste the same 3 responses. Pretty furious that this is the result of a "premium" $1000+ device
Give these steps a try: clear cache and data for the Google Play services, Google Play Store, and Google Services Framework? Then go into your accounts and sign out of your Google Account, then restart the phone and re-sign into the Google account.