cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ImThatChick
Astronaut

Constant ads!!

I had to get an S10 yesterday and it is driving me nuts. I am suddenly getting full screen ads for games. I can be on my homepage and it happens. Kaspersky antivirus shows no problems. I have ads turned off on Chrome. The top of my screen will show s grey bar that says "promotion" then the ad will appear. Any ideas how I can stop this?

7 REPLIES 7
Soph753
Astronaut

Have u tried installing an ad blocker?

Have u tried installing an ad blocker?

userruD2VhxNEm
Constellation

Have u downloaded any application that are not from Googl...

Have u downloaded any application that are not from Google play store ? There is probably a hidden app in ur phone u will have to find it and delete it

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Constant ads!!

@ImThatChick samsung phones do not have ads on the screen i am very sure you have downloaded an app that has ads you can go to your google play app and on top left you can see all apps and go to your recent app installed and you can delete apps that contains ads.

ImThatChick
Astronaut

I am trying to install an ad blocker from playstore but i...

I am trying to install an ad blocker from playstore but it won't download. I have not downloaded any new apps. Everything was transferred from my LG phone. I am getting ads from crypto news.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I am trying to install an ad blocker from playstore but i...

@ImThatChick try to put it in safe mode if no ads in safe mode surely you have downloaded some files or apps that cause the ads to popup.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Constant ads!!

Had this happen to a friend. She swears she didn't download anything weird on her phone. And then magically within the same week her phone went into a boot loop. It was very strange. 

As @RedDragon has pointed out. There is probably a 3rd party app causing this. Safe mode would help you determine this.

For my friend, I did a factory reset for her but didn't let her restore her phone from a back-up copy. Had her download all the apps she wanted on her phone manually from the App store. She hasn't had an add since and her phone has worked wonderful. 

So, I might recommend a factory reset, but do not restore from a backup copy when you're working through the setup screen; i.e. Sign into Google and Samsung but do not restore from a back up. Start from scratch and then download the apps from your apps library in the Play store.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Samsung_H3wHOe7
Astronaut

I am having the same problem.

I am having the same problem.