cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Contact/profile pics distorted

I can add a profile pic to any contact but after a few days it becomes distorted & looks somewhat like a QR code.  Anyone else having this problem?.  How can I fix?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Contact/profile pics distorted

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out, this is an interesting symptom you are experiencing and I can understand reaching out because of it. How long have you been experiencing this symptom? Do you notice it anywhere else within the phone where a profile picture would be? Could you please provide a screenshot of the symptom you are experiencing?

Highlighted

It started when I purchased the phone a few months ago.  I'll attach a screenshot. 20200608_101126.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there!

Let's try wiping the cache partition on your device and see if that helps any.

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

You also can try clearing the cache on the contact list app.

Navigate to your settings > apps > click on the 3 dots in the top right corner > select "Show System Apps" > find and click on Contacts > storage > clear cache.