cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Continual problems sending/receiving texts with Messaging app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been trying to solve a problem with the S10's default messaging app and I'm getting nowhere.  For the last three months the app will suddenly stop sending or receviing texts and I'll get a message telling me to check my network settings.  All the other apps on my phone that work with networking (including Facebook messaging, internet browser) continue to work fine.  The only way to solve the issue is to restart the phone, and then I receive a lot of messages that have been queued for up in the messaging app for up to 2-3 days!  I've missed some very important messages that I didn't receive until later.   I've called my carrier three times over this issue and we've performed several tests, I've reset my phone twice, and they're telling me there's nothing wrong with it.  The app will work fine for two or three days and then it starts all over again.  Has anybody experienced this?  I'm wondering if just installing a different messaging app on my S10 will correct this.  It's becoming very frustrating.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Continual problems sending/receiving texts with Messaging app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.  I've done it twice, and have been on the phone with both my carrier and Samsung trying one thing after another.  Nothing has worked.  I tried another message app and after a day the same thing started happening.  Samsung told me this looks like a hardware issue, so my carrier has finally replaced my phone, to be delivered tomorrow.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.  I've done it twice, and have been on the phone with both my carrier and Samsung trying one thing after another.  Nothing has worked.  I tried another message app and after a day the same thing started happening.  Samsung told me this looks like a hardware issue, so my carrier has finally replaced my phone, to be delivered tomorrow.  

View solution in original post