cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userw5EilrcO8k
Asteroid

Cracked Screen within two hours of owning!

We purchased the Samsung S10 from Best Buy 12/12/2019, delivered 12/13/2019, he took it to Best Buy to activate, transfer contacts, etc. and purchased an Otterbox Defender to put on the phone. Got in the car to leave,  phone slipped in between seats and got a big scratch on the screen. Went back into Best Buy to ask why that happened, they said there was a screen protector on it from the factor and they could take it off. He said ok, they ripped it off, he left and noticed that the screen was cracked this morning 12/14/2019. Bottom right side. Only owned this phone two hours! Tried to get Best Buy to exchange it today, especially since they ripped off the only screen protection without saying anything about how fragile it apparently is. They rudely said, we'll fix it for you, $150 so he left. Is the Samsung S10 screen/phone that delicate that it can crack that easily? What should I do, we are well within warranty but they will not do anything! 

13 REPLIES 13
JTB23
Constellation

Re: Cracked Screen within two hours of owning!

He dropped the phone, and somehow you want Best Buy to absorb the cost of his mistake? Uh, what?

userw5EilrcO8k
Asteroid

The chat site on Best Buy told me to have him take the phone back to the store and since it was within the warranty period, they would replace it!  When he got there, they were rude! What I don't understand is why they ripped off the only protection that was on the screen without mentioning something like "hey, you might want to get a Zagg or something to protect the screen" since they're the ones who removed it!" And he didn't drop it, it slid between the seats, fragile much?!! Thanks for you worldly advice though, it was a Christmas present for my son. And the bluetooth doesn't connect with the vehicle either. We're not the only ones having that problem either by the way! 

Samsung_0rpU2Fr
Astronaut

It's like buying a car from a dealership and driving out of the lot you hit someone and go back to the dealer and ask them to fix it for free. Idk but I don't think it works that way. 😨

userw5EilrcO8k
Asteroid

I know, I just felt like the person at Best Buy shouldn't have ripped off the factory screen protector - if they had not done that, I really don't think it would be cracked. It's obviously very fragile because we have both had Samsung S7's and mine is like new because it has an Otterbox defender with the screen protector from day one, but his had the Commuter series and even that lasted for years! I've owned Samsung phones since the Note 2 and several different ones after, this screen is fragile to be certain. I've never gotten on a forum to ask for help before and reading some of the "oh so constructive" comments, I see that I've simply wasted time. Thanks for not being rude! 

userNZSR2S9OY9
Constellation

Unfortunately, I think that's just horrible luck. I've had Galaxy S series phones since the S4, and only had my first cracked screen a couple of months ago. Had it repaired, and not even a week later cracked it again. My carelessness though. (And a flight of stairs) But if it is under warranty, then it will be fixed, but you have to pay the deductible. Or find a mall kiosk that can do it for cheap.

userw5EilrcO8k
Asteroid

You're right. I wish Otterbox still made cases with screen protectors for the Samsung phones. That's pretty much saved our phones in the past I guess. 

Samsung_QQeCDD6
Astronaut

I'm a brick layer and I have my s10 in a waterproof case and no problems . I would assume the outerbox has more defense to falls .

Take it back to BB and ask for a manager. If BB can not accommodate you request they connect you with Samsung, US while you are at the store. Samsung customer service is atrocious but you may get more assistance if you are in contact with them while being assisted by one of their vendors (Best Buy).

userw5EilrcO8k
Asteroid

I will try that, he already did but they were horribly rude to him. Thank you, appreciate the help.