cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Deep Cleaning S10 Screen Help?!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone! So I have an S10 and I have a small problem with the screen. I noticed theres like a permanent thumbprint in on spot on my screen. I know how it got there: playing a little too much PUBG Mobile lol. However, I played almost a year of that on my S8 and that never happened. I've only had my S10 since March and it showed up like May-ish.

Anyways, my main reason for this topic is to figure out how to rid my screen of that stubborn thumbprint. I'm open to different methods as long as they don't ruin my phone. Thanks to anyone taking the time out to read and respond!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Here's the print in question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the image. Service is recommended for this. However, it would be up to the service technician as to whether it would be covered under the warranty. If you would like to set this up for service, please send a private message with the following:

Full name:

Complete physical address:

Contact phone number:

Alternate phone number:

Email address:

Full model code:

IMEI number:

Copy of the proof of purchase: (If available)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Deep Cleaning S10 Screen Help?!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You could replace the pre installed screen protector.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was thinking the same thing. Do you still have the factory installed screen protector on? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I dont have the screen protector 🙁 The print is on the...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont have the screen protector 🙁

The print is on the actual screen 😫

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@pisceangamer Would you be able to provide a picture of the thumbprint on the screen?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungRei yes, sorry for the late reply! Also, sorry fo...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungRei yes, sorry for the late reply! Also, sorry for the quality of the photo (taken on someone's phone).

Highlighted
Asteroid

Here's the print in question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's the print in question

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Here's the print in question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the image. Service is recommended for this. However, it would be up to the service technician as to whether it would be covered under the warranty. If you would like to set this up for service, please send a private message with the following:

Full name:

Complete physical address:

Contact phone number:

Alternate phone number:

Email address:

Full model code:

IMEI number:

Copy of the proof of purchase: (If available)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungRei could you give me a possible estimate of what...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungRei could you give me a possible estimate of what would be, should it not be covered by warranty? Or would the service tech more or less tell me that info?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: @SamsungRei could you give me a possible estimate of what...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The service center would advise of the cost. Usually what would happen is when they receive the phone, if they determine it is not covered under warranty, they would contact you to tell you and give you the cost. If you decide to proceed, they would collect payment, make the repairs and return your phone. If you decide not to go through with the repairs, they would close the ticket and return your phone as is.