Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
contentntexas
Asteroid

Diehard Samsung Fan Greatly Disappointed in S10 Plus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had regrets from Day 1 with this new phone.  At first I thought it was user issues - as with most new devices.  But I've had it long enough now to know it can't just be me. 

I absolutely CANNOT put this phone in my pocket or purse because it will come on.  Next thing I know, everything is getting changed/removed, etc. and I constantly have to rebuild what I have set up.  Yes, I have to option on that is supposed to protect it in dark places -- but that is worthless!  I've added another layer of screen protection to it thinking it might help -- but no luck there either.

The volume control is nothing like it used to be on older versions.  It's either on loud or off.  No in-between.  I'm constantly missing calls and texts (not to mention security notifications from my home) because I can't have the thing blaring out in the office.  So the option - even though the bars show to be set midway -- but it is silent.

The fingerprint option has never worked from Day 1.  Sure, it scanned and accepted my print easily enough.  But has never worked since then.

This phone is a joke -- and a definite waste of hard-earned money.  SO disappointed, Samsung. I've been a customer for 10 years now, but this one comes way short of expectation.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Diehard Samsung Fan Greatly Disappointed in S10 Plus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For your sound volume issue of being too little or too much with no in between, go to the Play Store and download the "Samsung Sound Assistant" App. You can modify the phones incremental phone settings with that app

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@contentntexas wrote:

I have had regrets from Day 1 with this new phone.  At first I thought it was user issues - as with most new devices.  But I've had it long enough now to know it can't just be me. 

I absolutely CANNOT put this phone in my pocket or purse because it will come on.  Next thing I know, everything is getting changed/removed, etc. and I constantly have to rebuild what I have set up.  Yes, I have to option on that is supposed to protect it in dark places -- but that is worthless!  I've added another layer of screen protection to it thinking it might help -- but no luck there either.

Actually, try turning the option for dark places whatever off. I did and I never see it turning on in my pocket (which did start happening at one point, but was only doing it for a day or so, completely random). And if that doesn't help, you can turn off double tap to wake, should do it.

The volume control is nothing like it used to be on older versions.  It's either on loud or off.  No in-between.  I'm constantly missing calls and texts (not to mention security notifications from my home) because I can't have the thing blaring out in the office.  So the option - even though the bars show to be set midway -- but it is silent.

This is very odd. Either you're exaderating a bit, or something is definitely wrong. Are you using a third party case on it? 

The fingerprint option has never worked from Day 1.  Sure, it scanned and accepted my print easily enough.  But has never worked since then.

Never worked? It works for me 99% of the time, meaning it almost never fails, 99 times out of 100 it unlocks fine (not very quick though). It's possible that, and I'm sorry I don't mean to offend, you're using it wrong. There is no need for pressure, at all, but it does need a second or two to do its thing. Try placing your finger gently on the FP area and just hold it there until it unlocks. Don't push, don't lift it up to quick. Just place it on the area and let it work. Also, how long have you had the phone for? It definitely dets better with time. It learns.

This phone is a joke -- and a definite waste of hard-earned money.  SO disappointed, Samsung. I've been a customer for 10 years now, but this one comes way short of expectation.

The phone has some issues, but it's not as bad as some people say it is. Honestly, I think you're just having some buyer's remorse feelings, and it makes all issues feel much worse than they really are. I know how it goes, it happens to me to. I actually did feel few times that I should have kept my last phone, Note9, but now it's gone and I kept using the S10 and it's fine. There are things I wish were smoother, but overall the phone is still good. Just have to give it a chance.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
contentntexas
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Geno71 

Thank you for your suggestions.  No, I'm not exaggerating on the sound. It's not related to the volume buttons...but rather the volume output itself.  I believe I will have to take it in and have it checked out.

I have taken your advice on the fingerprint issue and it does seem to be improving - though it isn't where I would it expect it to be.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Castagna
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is a great device tbh, real good tech, but it seems that it doesn't fit your liking/needs.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For your sound volume issue of being too little or too much with no in between, go to the Play Store and download the "Samsung Sound Assistant" App. You can modify the phones incremental phone settings with that app

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador

View solution in original post

contentntexas
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ChazzyJ  - Thank you for the info!

Vido
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Get a case

Samsung_dEToDO1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me and my husband just got the s10+ his works great mine not so much when I use my Amazon music or my Sirius Satellite Radio after a few minutes its start to scramble like how a CD with scratches would I dont know what to do even with my head phones that came with the phone it does it my husband's phone no problem mine this happens and when my screen turns black the music shuts off I contacted att tech they did alot but still does it went to my b.v work where I got the phones suposably they are aware of this problem and in a week will have a update to download and it should help I o ly had this phone a week