cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqanQSQTe7H
Constellation

Do Not Disturb Minimizes Phone Calls

I have an issue where when do not disturb is turned on my incoming phone calls get minimized. To explain futher, when I get a call with do not disturb on and the phone unlocked, the call is minimzed to the notification tray requiring me to swipe down and then tap the option I want on the call notification.

If I get a call and the phone is locked, say in my pocket, I pull my phone out and the call is minimized to the notifications meaning I need  to wake up the phone, tap the notifications to expand them, then select the option I want for the call. This ends up in me missing calls a lot because it takes too long to answer them.

I have the allow all calls in the do not disturb setting turned on. This used to work perfectly fine before where even in do not disturb mode, I'd get the full screen notification of a call that everyone is used to. Only way I get this back is by turning off do not disturb.

I tried clearing the data on the phone app but that didn't do anything. Anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Do Not Disturb Minimizes Phone Calls

Thank you for reaching out. I have tested this on several devices and that seems to be the normal function of Do Not Disturb. 

userqanQSQTe7H
Constellation

Re: Do Not Disturb Minimizes Phone Calls

Seems like it would be a pretty bad normal function if it was intended this way. If you have the allow all calls option selected it should allow the phone app to function as if it was not in do not disturb, in my opinion at least.